Logan Smythe & Associates Ltd
(Financial Advice Provider – FSP 465726)
A person is not required to provide the personal information that we request but, if that person chooses not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide our services.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information about an individual from that individual, through contact with us (for example, in a meeting, or via an email, website), or when we provide services to the individual. We also collect information from third parties including from clients’ related businesses, accountants, current providers of financial products (including insurers and lenders), medical service providers and employers. We may also collect personal information from the Accident Compensation Corporation and credit reporting agencies.
When a person visits our website we may collect information including details of visits to our website such as traffic data, location data, and website analytics.
How we use personal information
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide and market our services (and to assist in improving our services);
- to respond to communications from a client;
- to make contact with a client in the future about matters we believe will be of interest;
- in connection with defending, protecting and/or enforcing our legal rights and interests including defending a complaint, claim or other action;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to undertake credit checks on clients (if necessary);
- to comply with our obligations at law and to support us to engage with relevant regulators;
- for any other purpose authorised by our client or the Act.
Who we disclose personal information to
We may disclose a client’s personal information to:
- any business that supports provision of our services (including related companies, information technology service providers, lawyers, accountants);
- financial product providers in connection with assisting clients to apply for financial products and services, administer financial products and services, make claims under financial products, renew, vary, replace or exit/end financial products or services;
- third parties noted above in order to obtain relevant required information;
- regulatory bodies including the Financial Markets Authority (whether or not required by law);
- lawyers and other professionals, and our insurers (and their advisers), in connection with defending, protecting and/or enforcing our legal rights & interests;
- debt collection agencies;
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law.
A business that supports provision of our services may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean that personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
How we protect personal information
We will take steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to keep personal information safe from loss and from unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.
Accessing and correcting personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, an individual whose information we hold has the right to access personal information that we hold and about that individual and to request a correction to that personal information. We can be contacted in one of the following ways:
Phone Number: 03 390 9889
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if a person provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at the provider’s own risk.
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.